Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Top Ten of Television Theme Songs for a 25 Year Old Elitist

10. Legends of the Hidden Temple

Everyone remembers the theme song fondly. The show not so much.





9. Doug

Doug was kind of a weiner, but the theme song takes me back to the days where Nickelodeon was the dope shit. On a sidenote, Porkchop knew what was up.


8. The Adventures of Pete and Pete

Not only did the show kick ass, the theme song was kick ass. It's weird, I never watched the show as religiously as some of the others on this list, but I was sad to see it go when it did. Remember the episode where it's daylight savings and Pete is psyched because he gets to travel back in time? You'll know what I am talking about if you've watched it, one of my favorite episodes ever.



7. Captain Planet

Even at a young age I knew I wanted to do inappropriate things with Linka.
Don't judge me.

Oh, and is it just me or does Captain Planet strike you as a flaming douchebag? It has to be the mullet. Seriously, put him in a pair of jean shorts and a wife beater and you just have another backwoods asshole that lives off the land.




6. Talespin

I really shouldn't have to justify this one, any of the Disney Afternoon songs could go here, but this is the best one. Click it, you'll thank me later.



5.
NBA on NBC

Remember the good old days before Marv Albert was a pervert?
Neither do I, but damn, do I ever miss that theme song.





4.
The Simpsons

I don't know if there is a more recognizable theme song than the Simpsons theme song. Can you name one? I am having a really tough time doing so.





3. Inspector Gadget

Tell me you don't remember Inspector Gadget, this is one of the rare classics. I don't know if anybody in my generation could fail to identify this song. Props to the creator because it was also a badass show.


2. Thundercats

Thunder, thunder, thundercats!





1.
The Critic

I don't know what it is, I went into this list knowing that the Critic would be my number 1. Something about the theme and the show that was before its time and I have to think it would do so much better nowadays. The world was a better place when Jon Lovitz's voice was accessible to the masses via that pudgy little bastard, Jay Sherman.



1 comment:

  1. if i had to make a list this would definitely be on it:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e5q6ubDlZE

    even though she is a little mousey, i definitely had a kid cartoon crush on gadget.

    ReplyDelete